Old 01-14-14, 12:33 PM
Fat Boy
Wheelsuck

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Null66
Squats, dead lifts, pullups and benches (in order) have the highest hormonal response. Heavier the better as long as you avoid massive fatigue.

I've heard amazing things about a South American root called Maca... A few studies, but would like to see them replicated.

Also what lifters / body builders call, ZMA... B6, Zinc, and Magnesium have been shown to increase T in many studies. Not like shots but significantly.

If you don't mind some shots, I've read of people on HCG only with good results.
I do think that doing heavier lifting has helped. I do the first 3 you mentioned. I take a couple D3 gel-caps per day, 6000 I.U., I don't know if I need them. I also eat some powdered maca root several times a week (I mix it with coconut milk, cinnamon and ginger in my sweet potato). I really don't know if it does anything.

I'm sure there are all sorts of things you could do if you were willing to bust out a needle. At this point, I still like to race every once in a while and I _really_ don't want to be THAT GUY!

I should probably grab some ZMA. I've read about it many times, but I'm not taking it. I know it was originally developed by Victor Conte and I think he has some snake-oil salesman in him. Having said that, the guy does know about hormones, so...