-=(8)=-
♋ ☮♂ ☭ ☯

Bikes: Sngl Spd's, 70's- 80's vintage, D-tube Folder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lostarchitect
Huh. I have seen them on the road a few times, so while I don't have experience using them myself, I have experience as another road user seeing them in action. As far as I can tell, they're basically invisible until you're very close to the other rider. I don't think they're as good as you think they are. They probably look bright from the rider's position, but from behind the result is pretty much nil.
The red lasers can be seen or not depending on angles of the road. They are not what I am talking about, though. The blue flashing part is as bright as any taillight Ive ever seen. This is just a case of 'serious' people taking this stuff too seriously and knocking it because it didnt cost a lot or would be something they use. I realize this is BF and it would exist if people didnt have divergent opinions, but to say they are invisible or something like that is wrong and misleading to someone who doesnt know any better. Lights get to a certain level of brightness where the human eye cant tell a difference. This light is as bright as any 'serious" bike companies best, and it recharges. If someone is open-minded enough to not fall for the "I need to pay a lot" or "serious bike rider" syndrome, they will have a nice light.