View Single Post
Old 01-16-14, 10:45 AM
treebound 
aka: Mike J.

Bikes: 1995 Trek 520 is the current primary bike.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 39 Posts
2014 goals: get below 200 Lbs and stay there, get more cycling in, continue blood pressure improvement, keep improving my eating habits.
Current status: around 5'11" and not going over 222 Lbs. I hit 216 before Christmas for awhile. I'm in my late 50's in case anyone is curious.

Two years ago I was about 250 Lbs. 2013 I started actively tracking my workday business park walks. Some days I walked over 6 miles, but most days averaged 3-5 miles with 2-4 miles during lunch and up to a mile or so during the morning and/or afternoon breaks. Some breaks I only got in a half mile or so. Due to home and family stuff my non - work hours were really limited so I basically got zero cycling in for 2013 except for a few laps around the block test riding bikes I was selling off.

And for 2014 I'm going to try and figure out a way to convert my 40 mile each way work commute into a bike/bus option, and maybe an occasional bus/run commute if I can progress my lunch walks into lunch runs. In 2013 I managed to log over 250 miles just walking in the business park, so if possible I want to add 50-100 miles to that as well.

Anyway, that where I'm currently at. And by using select Twitter follows I'm also keeping my motivation in gear. Do what works for you and keep on improving and progressing.