View Single Post
Old 01-17-14, 10:54 AM
hoyc

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Andrew R Stewart
Francis is possibly correct in that your canti's might be missing the spherical washer that the ball and socket angle adjusting feature is dependent on. The DC cantis shown do have this angle feature. Here are tow shots of Shimano cantis that i have found to work on narrow spaced canti shafts. The green bike's are MT60 or MT62 series and the blue bike's are an older series MC70. The MT60/62 also have one side's spring adjustable for tension, allowing some centering without back bending the spring.

The amount of off angle that your one side has is a lot. Whether an angle adjusting canti will get the pad flat w/o any shaft/base bending is yet to be discovered. But since this method is only a small cost and effort and doesn't have the consequence of frame damage it makes sense to try this first.

These cantis are offered on EBay routinely enough. I have one set of the MT62 in black that i would sell too. Andy.

Hi, I can't be certain, since I'm at work right now, But I'm fairly sure I do not have spherical washers. If I'm correct, they would it be located where the red arrow is in the photo below? I was under the impression that older "post-type" canti's didn't have this type of adjustment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Nish_Inter_47_AF_Brake_F_1.jpg (101.0 KB, 71 views)