View Single Post
Old 01-17-14, 03:20 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5774 Post(s)
Liked 2,571 Times in 1,423 Posts
Originally Posted by 350htrr

The real reason I suspect is that people are willing to take the chance of nothing happening to them because they assessed the risk and concluded that it was low enough for them to take the chance... But that's not what most are saying, definitely not earlier in this thread.

By the way I agree that If you are willing to take the risk and say that, then you should do what you think is best for you. But not to tell other people any of the 1 - 6 reasons are really good enough. JMO
You and I are on the same page. The helmet argument is a risk/benefit assessment, plain and simple. I can't and don't speak for others, but I've never wasted my time disputing the studies. To argue that wearing a helmet us useless is pointless, but equally pointless is arguing that only idiots and the reckless would ride a bicycle without one.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.