View Single Post
Old 01-19-14, 11:08 PM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
Originally Posted by Spld cyclist
Thanks for the input. I think that having more data to download and analyze would be useful, but I'm trying to figure out if it's worth spending 2-4 times as much to get that capability. The Garmin units you mentioned looked really good, but they're going around $400+/-.
If you are by any chance referring to my recent posts, my data was not generated by a stand-alone HR monitor. It's a Garmin Edge 510 plus HR monitor. The bike computer itself was around $500 (that model has the ability to pair with my cell phone, which then transmits the data to a website, I can send a link to anyone I want so they can follow my ride live. This is a safety feature for me when I ride alone, husband tracks me. You probably don't need this feature). I had an inexpensive HR monitor that cost $30 but was glitchy. I replaced it with a $70 Garmin HR monitor which works perfectly.

The data has been very helpful as I am training for my first century ride. I'm surprised at how much it helps me understand my rides, where I am now, where I need to go next, etc.

H