Old 01-21-14, 08:16 AM
bmontgomery87

Bikes: 2013 leader 721. 2015 leader 725. 2012 fuji feather

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wilfried
As an aside, I had a bad experience at Sids. I had a flat which I fixed at work, but had pumped the tire with a crappy hand pump, and I wanted to pump the tire properly before heading for home. I stopped in at Sids to borrow theirs. No problem letting use it, but the guy started with, "Do you know how this works?" Err, huh? Yes, I've pumped my tire before, thank you, it's a pump. It went down hill from there, complete with condescending lecture about proper pumping and tire pressure. Yes, I can read the numbers on the side of the tire. It was very strange. I stayed polite, thanked them, and left, never to return. I wasn't a customer that night, but could have been a future one, but not after that experience.
While I can understand that being frustrated. If you show up at a shop with a tire that isn't properly inflated and ask to use theirs, he probably assumed you didn't know how to correctly use a pump or keep a pump on you.
He probably came across as a jerk, but given the situation as described, doesn't sound like he was that out of line.