View Single Post
Old 01-22-14, 09:31 AM
Lycosa

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ridefreemc
Awesome attitude. It seems as though many of us get caught in "needing" the latest and greatest before we can enjoy a ride. If you can just forget what is under you and enjoy the ride it sure is great.

Fred's book is awesome. I found one a few years back (purchased used online) that was signed by him and has a great little passage for the reader. I'll have to find it and repost.

BTW - for a slight derail of this thread, where do you like to camp along the Withlacoochie? Stealth or traditional?
Thanks for the comment. I really enjoyed Fred's book as well but I had to borrow a copy. Having his autograph would be amazing! That man really inspired me and is the primary reason I got into cycling.

As far as camping on the Withlacoochie, I stealth camped... Not by choice. My wife rode her beach cruiser with me and we had both bonked pretty hard and we were losing daylight fast. We picked the safest looking spot possible and just spent the night. The next morning when we got up to ride, we found that we were only a 1/2 mile or so from a campground on the trail. Figures...