Old 01-24-14, 07:08 PM
Rich Gibson 

Bikes: Fuji Rubaix 1.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It CAN be done..no more blood pressure meds!

Woo hoo! I've gotten my weight below 180# from 222# and have held it since before Christmas. I saw my doctor for another reason but mentioned getting light headed whenever I stood up. He suggested a week of morning and evening readings. I did and found it was regularly down to 60 plus or minus 1 over roughly 115 straight through. To top it off when he took it, despite my usual 'white coat syndrome' BP reading the diastolic was 60. I asked if we could reduce the dosage and he said to stop completely. I figured this was something I would have to live with for the remainder of my days.

Truth be told I have been riding my trainer religiously ever since the weather turned cold. I bought a Kurt Kinetics along with the Trek FX 7.6 and it turned out to be a great decision. I'm shooting for 1000 calories per ride and have put almost 300 miles on it since the start of the year. I alternate with the Elliptic whenever the knees get sensitive; I have another 116 miles on it this year.

We're in the coldest week of the year here in Washington DC and face at least another week near 0 f overnight for another week. I really want to get out and ride, but I've rigged up a nice little station in the basement. I have a monitor hooked up to my HT system's mini computer and am watching the replay of the Tour Down Under while I ride. Funny how my cadence rises as the end of the race nears!

Rich