Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
coversion questions>>>>

In time for next summer i am contemplating this for my steel tourer:

1 - would this set-up work?
campagnolo xenon ergo 9 spd
Campagnolo record triple (50/40/30) 10 spd or 9spd (52/42/30) - both available
Shimano 9 spd cassette

2 - exactly what model of rear deralier should i be looking for Campagolo or sram or shimano?
this site http://www.ctc.org.uk/DesktopDefault.aspx?TabID=3946 suggests 'old campagnolo'
what model would this be? or is it possible to stick with the shimano stx rc that i have?

3 - which chain would be okay?

4 - are xenon shifters worth it? seems like they are made of plastic so will they fall to bits after a while?

5 - bike has band on dt shifters and a band on cable guide at the bottom of the down tube above the bb, so i need some downtube boss things, right? from where?

this is gonna be an e-bay special so any input is greatly appreciatted, another mix and match question, but working out all this stuff is like juggling, better to ask those who know rather than guess and be left with components that don't work together, thanks.....

okay to answer my own questions (i have done some searches here ya know):

answer to question 1 = yes, no difference between 9spd and 10spd cranks, well .something of a mm, sydney and that biker7 dude who accused him of smoking carpet battled that one out, i'll go with the syd dude!

answer to question 2 = don't know

answer to question 3 = eeer, don't know

answer to question 4 = uhh, eeer, don't know

need help please before pressing the bid button on e-bay.....