View Single Post
Old 01-26-14, 10:30 PM
Dchiefransom

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Balsawings
Back to the handlebars. I hope everyone doesn't mind my going on about my bike. I just really like working on my bikes and it's become a hobby of sorts.

When I had the stem raised, I had to move the computer down to the frame top bar because the wire from the front wheel was to short for the computer to stay on the handlebar cross member. I didn't like the computer mounted to the frame. It was hard to see without having to tilt my head (a lot) to see the read out through my glasses. After some head scratching I finally decided that I could mount it back on the handlebars if I made a second cross member. The cross member is 3/4 inch PVC. With a little trial and error I managed to make it a press fit.

It's official, I can not buy a bike with USS. Where would I mount everything. Between the water bottles is not the most convenient place for the computer but it works. As you can see in the next photo, the map holder hides the computer but I'm finding that I use it less and less lately. I mostly use it to keep track of my mileage. I don't use the map holder when riding locally so it's not a problem.

Also, after mounting the computer I decided that I would move the headlight. So, I made another cross member for it. It got the light up higher and away from the stem, which the headlight rattled against.

Bob
I can't see what brand of computer you have, but some companies make a longer wire setup for tandems.