oboeguy
34x25 FTW!

Bikes: Kona Jake, Scott CR1, Dahon SpeedPro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just got Marathon 40x406's for my SpeedPro

I'm going to miss the Stelvios over the winter, but a couple of rough, windy night commutes along the Greenway (read: lots of twigs, branches, etc blow across the path + the usual glasseverywheredangit) convinced me to get the Marathons. Plus I want to be able to ride on dirt and such when the occasion presents itself (e.g. when camping, which is why I didn't get the Marathon Slick tires). Did I meniton they're way cheaper than Stelvios?

I'm itching to see the difference in ride quality. They top-out at 100psi, which is not much less than the Stelvios, and I've been running the latter at 100psi lately anyway (bumpy commute). Interestingly enough (or not), these are the first wire-beaded tires I've had in a long time, though IIRC the tires on the wife's hybrid are wire-bread too. Anyway the point is that now I have to figure out how to get them home (no floor pump here at work, not going to lose an arm filling them with the mini-pump). Good thing my backpack is loaded with straps and "shock cord".