Old 01-27-14, 06:43 PM
Spiduhman

Bikes: S2, Wilier GTR (Arr), Giant VT, Myata 3-10

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Uh-oh, more notes plz Mo'art!

I was on a five year plan, uhm, three years later, it's still five years - the long term is to be nationally ranked when I age up to 70, a long time from now.

Each year has objectives, o' course.

Let's digress!

As a coach, there were daily, weekly, monthly, and seasonal objectives for Each Athlete - not just the stars - right there cuts the coaching ranks down at least 60%, in swimming anyway.

The overalls include prepping each athlete to be their best When they can be their best, for the girls, somewhere between 12 to 40, boys, somewhere between 17-30+ (if the Ever grow up), and developing the overall program.

"The Program" - see, people (especially kids) want to be "normal," so, just keep ramping up what's "normal" for the program; this includes the other teams in the community and LSC (Local Swim Committee). It works (ask me, I'll digress further!); people rise up.

Ahem, so, back to ME! I know that I'm not a sprinter type. My best chances are in the TT and events where the most folk can get dropped. In a lead group of five, I'll probably get fifth. I'm a great training partner and teammate (details, if you wish).

Of course, even my sprint can be improved.

The End (for now), brought to you by Generalized Statements About Stuff*

*which might devolve to:

Everyone Has Different Strengths
Having a Plan is PARAMOUNT - be ready to adjust The Plan