Old 01-29-14, 04:43 PM
Artkansas 
Pedaled too far.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Smallwheels
Buy a 50 cc scooter and do your commute in twenty minutes. Then spend an hour riding around for fun when you get home. You'll save time and save money because you won't need to move. Use tools that work and make sense. If you can move close to work then in the long run you probably would like that better, but no job lasts a long time these days. Will moving be worth the hassle and price? If you get the scooter and decide to move after you know you like the job, then just sell it and ride your bicycle.
Google Maps says a car would require 34 minutes to go by city streets. A 50cc bike would probably take longer. If I were going the motorized route I'd probably go for 250-500cc bike, just because I like more power and can take the freeways for a 20 minute trip.

But you are right about the cost of moving. That's a serious consideration. The place I looked at was a little more expensive, but twice as close to downtown Little Rock so it would be more accessible for activities. So in the long run it might be considerable. The headhunter talked of a 1-2 year contract, the employer talked of a 6 month to 1 year contract.

Originally Posted by Bjforrestal
I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.