Old 01-30-14, 06:52 AM
KlingOn
Banned.

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
For me, I only have one track bike and only spend ~30-40 days a year on it. Our road and mountain bike club has the track for daily three hour sessions six days a week in August and September and our club dues pay for access. Otherwise it's 9.50€ to get access to the track during any other time. I often wonder how you guys spend so much time at the track. In France, unless you pay dues to a track-specific club, you have to have a lot of cash to play on the velodromes here.

If I had a couple of bikes and trained with frequency on the track, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to build a G3 120mm wheel. Several of my teammates use these, and they are very economical, as you can buy a built wheel for 1300€ new and as low as 800€ on the secondary market.

I also agree with both Dalai and Carleton, even though they have divergent points. In track racing, the stopwatch IS the powermeter. On the other hand, everyone loves data, and seeing the numbers truly does provide for understanding and motivation. I think Perkins puts out 2450 watts or something crazy like that. I'm almost there!