View Single Post
Old 01-31-14, 12:30 PM
jawramik

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for your response.

It's about seven miles from my home to my work, and it would be incredibly easy for me to re-charge at work, even if the battery doesn't detach from the frame easily. I work at a horse ranch, so there are lots of easily accessible outlets both outside and inside our big indoor barn. Terrain is relatively flat. We really have more slight inclines around town than we do bona fide hills, and the roads I'd be riding on are either paved or very hard-packed dirt. My primary mode of transportation at the moment (besides the bus) is a Scott road bike that is very lightweight and 100% NOT designed for riding off road. The bike I was riding for years prior to getting my Scott is a single-speed road bike, also very lightweight and very much designed for riding on paved roads (the single-speed is the one I'd convert if I decide to go that route). So, that should give you a pretty good idea of how easy-going the riding terrain is in my area; I got around for years relatively easily on a single-speed road bike. Nothing off-road, and nothing especially hilly. (Obviously the extra gears are nice to have, especially on longer rides, which is why I upgraded to the Scott a couple years ago, but they're a luxury rather than a necessity. A lot of people around here get around on fixed-gear beach cruisers.)

I live kind of near Los Angeles, and winter doesn't really exist here, haha. Neither does weather. It's pretty much 70 degrees and sunny all the time (okay, that's a little bit of an exaggeration, but not much of one).

I weigh about 120-130 pounds, and I'm about 5'3-5'4, so I'm pretty small. That's actually one of my concerns. I think my Scott is either a small or an extra-small frame size, and I've noticed that a lot of ebikes only come in one frame size...which is probably going to be too big for me more often than not. I realise that fit is less of an issue on bikes that have a more upright riding position, but my size could still pose a problem. That's part of why converting my older road bike appeals to me, because it's one of the few bikes I've ridden that really, truly fits me well.

Oh, and I tried to look at the pictures, but the links don't seem to be working.