View Single Post
Old 02-02-14, 03:18 AM
shyonelung

Bikes: 1998 Amp Research dual suspension mtn bike; 2012 Ridley Orion full Carbon (Ultegra)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
When I first got back into cycling last year, I did a local climb -- 35 miles, 1300 feet or so. I couldn't get up the tail end of the hills then. I've got 1500 miles or so in since that ride plus a month into a new workout regimen (lifting, boxing, abs, etc) and have been wanting to try to tackle the ride again. Well, did it today. It was cooler than it's been for NorCal (50s) and windy but it was still a beautiful day. It's really exhilarating to see and feel the progress I've made and experience the fruits of my labor and hard work. I started this journey with enough knowledge to be dangerous but not enough to truly understand what I was signing up for. But I stayed with it to the point where I'm starting to feel confident on my bike (not cocky but confident). I'm not the most graceful or balanced person physically and yet, on my bike, I've discovered I can be all those things and more. Some of you know I have only one lung and part of this whole process for me is to see what I'm really capable of doing - how much if at all, does having one lung limit my ability to tackle bigger and longer climbs. Today was a day where my legs didn't falter but I did have some moments where I was seriously sucking wind. Good news was my heart rate rapidly dropped even after I really exerted myself. What a blast it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (101.2 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by shyonelung; 02-02-14 at 07:03 AM.