Old 02-02-14, 10:07 AM
Reinofratch

Bikes: Trek 1400

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dermbrian
I like to have MapMyRun 'speak up' every half mile as I listen to music from my phone, sent to my semi-homemade Bluetooth bike stereo system.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Bicy...t-Handy-Mount/

Brian

I'd love to get away from the headphones with this. Most people seem to think it takes away from the ride. I see it as theme music, whic sets the pave for the ride.
A fast some by a day to remember comes on, I ride hard for three minutes. If I feel like going leisurely through a park nature path, I play bob dylan, or edward sharp or something else relaxing and ride with no handlebars for a bit.
It gets tricky when the song is like 120bpm... because I like to match my cadence to the beat. And then every beat would feel too fast and every other is too slow. I have to start doing like every third 5th 16th or something crazy. It becomes a game that goes.
One and a two left a three and a right and a one and left two and a three right a four...
I usually quit worrying about match cadence to the beat really quick at that point.
The mind of a musician works a little different I guess.

Went off on a little tangent there lol. Anyways, id love a blue tooth speaker on my bike. Esoecially durring the winter who will I bother? Everyones got their car window up and few people walk. Of course I would make sure to only play non offensive music on it. Theres nothing that bugs me more than when someone pulls up beside you in a POS FWD coupe, blasting some rap song and all I can hear is the N word inbetween his license plate rattling. Its like dude don't force your bad taste in music on everyone else. We dont wanna hear it.