Old 02-03-14, 10:31 AM
bobotech

Bikes: Specialized Sequoia Elite/Motobecane Fantom Cross Team Ti/'85 Trek 520

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by shelbyfv
If the spokes were donated and the co-op policy is to "sell stuff cheap to help the low income people" do you have any concerns when depleting the stash for your personal use?
Originally Posted by rpenmanparker
What makes you think OP is not in the low income category? I have no idea, but am disposed to presume so for the purposes of the discussion. He has mentioned on multiple occasions the desire to save money on this wheel build.
Heh. You want to know what my income has been for the last year? Zero. Me volunteering at the bike shop is my only job. I'm one of those extended unemployed middle age professionals who are having an hell of a hard time finding a job. The bike co-op gig is to keep me working in some manner. I'm thinking about volunteering at my local animal shelter too.

These wheels are a small treat to me. I rarely if ever buy new parts for my bikes except for tubes and wally world chains. Everything I have has been bartered or bought cheap of off CL like my Specialized Sequoia carbon/alloy frame. I got the frame and complete drive train for 20 dollars from one of those weirdo bike hoarders that we all find once in a while.