jj1091
Mike J

Bikes: 1975 Peugeot PX-50L, 1971 Peugeot PX-10, 1974 Peugeot PX-8

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Phil_gretz
Sorry to say it, but your brake levers are mounted "too high" on the hooks. If you place a straight edge beneath the flat portions of the drops, running forward, and then align the bottom tips of the levers to that edge, you'll have it better. Of course, this will also affect the safety lever reach from the tops.

My suggestion would be to untape the handlebars and try the lever placement again. PG
That looks great, Duane, a nice classic ride. I agree with Phil on the lever placement. I always ride my bike on the hoods, so mine are mounted just a half-inch or so higher than most riders, and usually I have the turkey levers, so the lever placement is more restrictive than without them. I place my bars with the ends pointing a bit above my rear axle and raise the levers above horizontal so that my hands use the hoods as a stop. It's much more comfortable that way, to me. Like this:

Most riders seem to have the bars placed so that the flats and the first forward curve forms a line parallel to the ground. Mine are close, just a bit raised. But heck, it should be about comfort. I say, do what's comfortable to you. Great job, Duane.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSCF1424.jpg (102.7 KB, 68 views)