Old 02-04-14, 09:05 PM
Noonievut

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 262 Times in 129 Posts
Originally Posted by 2_i
Haven't missed a day due to weather in a decade or so. I wait the rest of the year for ice and snow. Some recent winters were mellow but finally we have a good one - still haven't broken the lowest temp record for riding from the past.
I love these posts...inspires passion for cycling.

I just got back from a night time winter ride. Was -8c, mild wind, roads were pretty dry despite 15cm of snow on the weekend. Getting another 15cm later, but I got in a ride! It's so calming, and rewarding being out riding at night. You're more in touch with the ride. After sitting at desk all day it's nice to ride. Better than TV. I also love early morning rides, though my new thing is riding at night, after spending time with my daughter after dinner...and I leave just before her bed time when it's my wife's turn to put her to bed.

I have a road bike, Masi steel touring bike I built up myself and a x bike. I use the x bike in the winter. I'm getting a mtn bike to expand my riding this year, was going to sell the Masi but thought this out on tonight's ride...not selling it. Good thoughts on these night/winter rides. Invested time and dollars and I don't want, or need to sell it. Next year I'll get a fat bike for snow/trails and then I'll really be out there (wife's words).