View Single Post
Old 02-05-14, 09:44 AM
sirtirithon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Thulsadoom
Look, don't get me wrong. Obviously I wasn't there, so I don't know what kind of neighborhood you were in when it all started. Perhaps you did the right thing.

Your story has all the earmarks of a situation where it appears (to me anyways, but I'm an old guy) that whoever was driving the Explorer was just ****ing with you. Once the chase started he/she/they were just having a ball freaking you out. Probably laughing their butt off.

As an old guy I've always thought that one of the benefits of riding a bike are that nobody usually wants to rob you because they figure that if you're riding a bike you likely don't have any money, or else you'd be driving. It seems unlikely that someone wanted to accost someone riding a bicycle, in 6 degree winter weather no less, to rob them of whatever they have on them.

Again, perhaps if I had been there it would make more sense to me. But I still think that there's a good chance that by running you gave them the opportunity to mess with you that they couldn't pass up.

I see what you are saying and this could have been the case. The driver might have just been a piece of **** human having a good time at my expense. I'm not sure how I could have handled it any differently though. I did not panic and take off abruptly. I saw them start to pursue me so I casually turned off on a side street. For all they knew I was heading home. I did not antagonize them at all. And as far as I'm concerned even if they had no intention of robbing me they still put my life and others at risk by chasing me like that especially given the winter conditions.

Last edited by unterhausen; 02-08-14 at 03:53 PM. Reason: please don't defeat the censor