View Single Post
Old 02-05-14, 03:51 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2732 Post(s)
Liked 955 Times in 785 Posts
Mr mm, thats entirely up to you, I know I sleep better knowing I have my stuff with me, plus like I said, if its raining in the morning, and you have to get going anyway, you will have to carry your stuff outside in the rain, open your panniers and put it all in. I dont get why one would want to do that. Also, if its really horrible, at least you have your stuff with you, you can heat up water in your vestibule, or have doo dads with you.
But mostly for me, the time putting them on just isnt worth having to worry about your stuff. Why entertain the possibility of the inconvienence of not having "stuff" vs the time to click panniers onto racks?

thats my pt of view anyway.

about packing up in the morning, I can be a terrible dawdler, but have learned to get all my crap together before I sleep, biking clothes set for next day and other stuff not strewn about. At least this way I can relax and have more time waking up and enjoying morning stuff knowing the rest is pretty much ready to go after I get my bike clothes on and sunscreen on etc.