Old 02-05-14, 04:06 PM
fltche1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Need Some Help Gearing up for Winter/Wet Riding.

I will say this... If it is below 25 degrees outside (Not very common in WA)... I am a wussy and will stay inside with my book. Rain doesn't bother me as long as I stay dry. I got into cycling last summer and I am getting ready to give the bike its first full tune up of the season... I would like to go out and ride and get ready for the summer riding which I love. I have considered just buying a trainer a Cycle ops 2 which I have found for 200 bucks or I could just buy the gear. I am looking for some trusted brands but I don't want to dump a fortune. My budget is about 250 for the clothes all together. it is worth noting that I get warm easily So I don't think I will need 3 layers of pants, 6 layers for my core, and 2 balaclavas. Any suggestions for this newbie-cyclist trying to break into the rain/winter weather riding? (fenders for the bike are a given) I cruised the forums and either missed some of the threads or the ones I was looking at didn't really have brands. I also like high visibility items such as the Neon yellow because I really don't want that car to not see me and end up as a hood ornament.

Last edited by fltche1; 02-05-14 at 04:15 PM.