Old 02-07-14, 10:23 AM
DoubleDiamonDog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I live in Seattle, but don't use my folder in town a great deal. I don't commute as I work out of my home office, while my wife rides a full size bike daily to her job where she parks it in a full size locker outside the hospital.

Travelling is another story. Portland and Vancouver BC are fantastic cycling cities - excellent network of separated bike lanes and relatively flat, along with outstanding mass transit - Seattle lags those cities in all three areas. Taking Amtrak or BoltBus to Portland or Vancouver is a great inexpensive car-free weekend getaway. We haven't done it yet but imagine that a trip to Victoria on the Clipper would also be fun. Have traveled many other places with the Brommies. Bike-a-bility (along with availability of transit) of cities is one of the big factors in deciding which places we would like to travel to.

This doesn't exactly respond to your question, but even though we don't use the FBs as much in the city we live in, being able to hop on cheap transportation for a nearby great place was a consideration when we bought them.