hack

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by aaronmcd
Folsom Winter Crit
Cat 4
Somewhere in the back third at the finish.

First race as a cat 4. Loop about 1k with 2 right turns. Raining and windy. I don't own glasses and discovered the one time I would like them - rain. So it was hard to note landmarks for timing. There were 4 primes and I half heartedly went for the socks but didn't win it. Socks sounded good at the time haha! Race was mild and slow, and it stayed together. second turn was just before a slight incline/headwind to the finish. I was going to take the inside for wind protection but waited too long, got trapped, slowed down and by the time I came out of the turn I was waay too far back. Someone lost traction and crashed a few guys in the field sprint. I got around it but the guy in front of me didn't pull wide enough and a bike slid in front of him. Ambulance had to come onto the course, yikes!

Kinda bummed about my lousy finish. Could have timed that better, especially if I could see the landmarks! Also maybe could have been more aggressive about keeping the pace up. We may as well have skipped right to the last half lap. At least I'm in my car and not an ambulance!

Shoot, I didn't realize you were coming up for this one. Also, I was the lucky one to go down...I'll write up something in a bit when I get home, but it wasn't weather related.

Glad you missed running me over and a pack finish isn't too shabby for your first 4 race.