Old 02-11-14, 09:07 PM
Roody
Sophomoric Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by bhtooefr
This is what counts for public transportation in my area: http://www.newarkohio.net/city-servi...ograms/transit

It's basically a bus-shaped taxi service, primarily intended for the elderly and disabled (they get half-price) and presumably single parents (first child is free, subsequent children are $1).

If it's between 06:00 and 21:00 M-F, 10:00 and 18:00 Saturday, and 08:00 and 15:00 Sunday, and you call one business day before the ride, it's $4. Call the same day, it's $6.

If you want service between 05:00 and 06:00 or 21:00 and 23:00 on M-F, or 08:00 to 10:00 Saturday, you have to call two business days ahead, and it's $5.

There's no fixed bus routes, although that has been a political issue here as of late.
This kind of service is a little better than nothing, but it still sucks!

I lived in a small town briefly with similar on-demand bus service. The town was 21 miles from the city where I worked. The little shuttle bus would take me through two other small towns and dump me off at a mall on the outskirts of the city. From the mall I took a city bus to work. I had to leave at noon to get to work at 3:00 PM. Coming home eight hours later, there was no bus at all.

"Think Outside the Cage"