Old 02-12-14, 10:46 AM
DoubleDiamonDog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by keyven
M6R - Racing Green/Orange - Brooks B17 Men's - Schwalbe Marathons - FCB + T-Bag - standard everything else

Singapore: roughly US$2,600
US: roughly US$2,000
Australia: roughly US$2,260
UK: roughly US$2,040

Damn this sucks.
Just have your mom pick it up in London.

A thought for you to consider is to keep the standard saddle and save some $ and weight. I know many Brompton owners love their Brooks saddles and I have enjoyed one on a bike in my past, but I am more of a "don't solve a problem until you have a problem" type. Yes they look cool but i have found the stock saddle to work very well. I have done a number of 50 mile+ days, which really isn't what the Brompton is intended for but it made sense in my circumstance - I had no issues with the saddle.

If the primary use for the bike is a 20 or 30 minute ride and hopping on and off buses - the Brooks saddle, in my mind, is not needed. The Standard saddle is quite nice and very light. If I were to change saddles I would go with the much lighter weight Terry Fly Ti for about the same price or less than the Brooks and which I have had good experience - 200+ miles in one day, on another bike. I get the aesthetic appeal of the Brooks but I am more of a function first guy. But, if you find the standard saddle doesn't work for you - then definitely try another seat.

For what it's worth, I took the same approach with grips and am still using the standard grips and have not felt it necessary to get Ergons.