Old 02-12-14, 02:07 PM
Pamestique 
Shredding Grandma!

Bikes: I don't own any bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So been riding many years (45) and have used a number of different pedals... it's all so personal. I used Speedplay X2 for many years. The pedal was easy to use and the "float" made riding comfortable however, after many years the small pedal and platform caused a severe injury to my foot, one of which will never go away (I get "hot spots" after about 30 miles of riding). Also, the Speedplay cleat is very uncomfortable to wear off the bike. If you like to cycle tour like me, not practicable.

I ride road and mountain bikes and for years used different pedal systems.... I finally figured out it would be better to use the same system just different model pedals so its the same cleat on my shoes and same way to engage and disenagage... I like TIME, I use the road version on my road bike and ZControl Platforms on the mountain bikes. With the cleat I can use a mountain bike style shoe (like Sidi Dominators) so I can walk around without worrying about damaging the cleat.

Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.