I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,530 Times in 1,042 Posts
Originally Posted by Roody
So, if we can get back to the issues....

I'm not sure you're defending your position very well. The emotions are so strong that they blot out your ideas!

My impression is that you dispute assertions that energy corporations attempt to influence the public debate about environmental issues, transportation policies, and so forth. You evidently don't believe there is any backlash against environmentalism or cycling. Or if there is backlash, it's well deserved because of bad behavior or a bad attitude by the environmentalists and cyclists.

Is that the gist of it?
No that is not it!

The gist of it is that all the posting and ranting on thread after thread on THIS list about environmental, social, racial, and/or economic issues held dearly by you and several others is inappropriate, unappreciated by those not in your choir, and more than likely counterproductive (backlash if you like) to your alleged desire to positively influence others (not in your choir) towards Car free/Car lite living.

The OT ranting makes this list come across as just so much bloviating by political/sociology geeks on bicycles.

BTW, the references to corporate conspiracies waging war on the likes of the LCF Forum are so over the top as to be laughable, if not certifiable.

Last edited by I-Like-To-Bike; 02-12-14 at 02:45 PM.