Old 02-14-14, 05:38 PM
Fahrenheit531 
52psi

Bikes: Schwinn Volare ('78); Raleigh Competition GS ('79)

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 790 Post(s)
Liked 802 Times in 391 Posts
I guess the question becomes, "How bad do you want one?" post id: 4330899798
[h=2]1971 Raleigh International Champagne edition - $1500 (SE Tabor)[/h][h=2]

All Campagnolo components except for Weinmann center pull brakes which came standard on this model. Original Brooks saddle. Rare to find this, have the white Carlton pump it came with. This bicycle has been basically unridden hanging on a hook for 25 yrs. From my dad's old bicycle shop circa 1973, he was a Raleigh/Peugeot dealer. Very well maintained. I am going to edit the listing w/everything on it in detail when I get home but there I wi fi hotspot so it is sometimes difficult to load pics so I'm doing that @ a coffee shop now. Shop owners say it's what the value is, but it's a niche vintage market. It shows some age, but I have seen this model chipped and dented w/rust sell for $1200 on ebay. I can have it boxed professionally and shipped at a discount rate if your out of town. Call if you have questions or if it's something I can check. Also have a set of extra tires and a few other things I'll throw in. Will include serial # when I get home. This is a beauty. Stay tuned for the edits...[/h]
A race bike in any era is a highly personal choice that at its "best" balances the requirements of fit, weight, handling, durability and cost tempered by the willingness to toss it and oneself down the pavement at considerable speed. ~Bandera