Old 02-16-14, 03:13 PM
The Golden Boy 
Extraordinary Magnitude

Bikes: 1978 Trek TX700; 1978/79 Trek 736; 1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport; 1984 Schwinn Voyageur SP; 1985 Trek 620; 1985 Trek 720; 1986 Trek 400 Elance; 1987 Schwinn High Sierra; 1990 Miyata 1000LT

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2608 Post(s)
Liked 1,703 Times in 937 Posts
Originally Posted by dddd
You can visibly see the difference in cog spacing between 7s Accushift and 7s Shimano, and that's enough for me to rule it out.

Back when I raced with 7s Accushift Command Shifters, I wanted to use Shimano freehub parts and their lighter aftermarket clones like ti cassette cogs and lighter freehubs.
I absolutely had to re-space the Shimano-compatible cassettes in every case, lest the cable adjustment need a different setting for each end of the cassette.
I sanded down plastic and aluminum cassette spacers as needed, on the basis of repeated road testing.

And as for using the 6s shifters with a 7s cog stack, what will keep the shifter from slipping down from the largest to the second-largest cog when there is no detent? Is the rider supposed to hold their thumb on it or change to frictioin mode whenever a steep hill threatens...
EDIT- this is all incorrect other than SIS 6s = Accushift 6s and Accushift 7s is different from everything else.

Was I incorrect about what I posted?

Basicaly I stated that:

as far as spacing Shimano 6s = Shimano 7s = Accushift 6s.

Accushift 7s is spaced differently.

You can use 6 out of 7 of the Shimano cogs.

If any of that is wrong- I'll edit my post(s).

Commence to jigglin’ huh?!?!

"But hey, always love to hear from opinionated amateurs." -says some guy to Mr. Marshall.

Last edited by The Golden Boy; 02-16-14 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Incorrect info italicized