Old 02-16-14, 04:37 PM
sarals 
Idiot Emeritus

Bikes: Yes.

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
PT came back yesterday! It's now a G3. It's lighter, even!

I had a really good training ride on Thursday. Ex said "group ride", and because I was too late to ride with my group (of one other), I did it on my own. My plan was to ride the major highway between where I live and where I work. It's good route. Steady climbs in both directions, only a few traffic lights, and a wide shoulder. I felt like things were coming together, all of that form changing training was starting to gel, and I wanted to test it. Ex and I went over nutrition this past week, too, so I loaded up the water bottles and my jersey pockets with nutritional goodness, the intent to see if and where the bonk would happen (it can and usually does). I warmed up, hit the route, rode steadily right at threshold, kept the cadence spooled up, ate and drank when I was supposed to, and settled in. I had no intention of drilling it at any point or trying to do something silly like "see how fast I can go". Steady, smooth, spin. S T E A D Y, S M O O T H, S P I N. That's the way it turned out. And you know what? I was a bit faster over the route than I've ever been in the past, and when I when I finished the ride (1 hour 48 minutes), I was still fairly fresh.

It all worked. Now we're getting some where.

Road race next Saturday. Stage race in three weeks. Another road race a week after that. I need some crits!!