Old 02-17-14, 10:17 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3458 Post(s)
Liked 1,465 Times in 1,143 Posts
Originally Posted by fietsbob
{edit] as to Q below

didnt find it, (+ to me i'm not the customer, really didnt look all over site)

To compare, since they dont list length you guys got a tape measure?

Info should be useful for others ..
Edit - Oops, when I saw the request for comparison, I misread that and compared Road Morph against Micro Floor Drive.

Road Morph G, 14 inches long, 212 grams without bracket, stroke about 9 inches.

Lezyne Micro Floor Drive, slightly under 12 inches long, 187 grams without bracket, stroke 8 inches.

Lezyne slightly smaller diameter so it may take a few more strokes. I am not going to disassemble to measure inside diameter.

The Lezyne hose is almost twice as long which is more convenient, but the chuck threads on which is less convenient.

I find it easier to keep dust out of the Lezyne than the Toppeak which I have disassembled to clean it out. The Lezyne check threads onto the pump base for storage so dirt does not get into it. After cleaning out my Toppeak, I try to remember to put a small piece of electrical tape over the chuck to keep the dust out.

My weights might be a few grams high, I put some inner tube rubber around the cylinders because I use an old Zefel bracket that was sized for a slightly larger diameter pump cylinder. On one tour I carried the Lezyne in the pannier, at 12 inches it just made sense. Although the Toppeak at only two more inches is not much different, it seemed to make more sense to carry it on the frame instead of in pannier. But both fit on the same Zefal bracket.

They both appear to have about the same quality of gauge, if one company makes a more accurate gauge, I do not know which. I have used two Road Morph G pumps, one read 10 psi different than the other.