Old 02-17-14, 12:26 PM
kjc9640
Slo Spoke Jim

Bikes: 1982 Raleigh road bike & love it

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ron the cut out is done very professionally, it is designed to move up and down with your sit bones as you pedal. Brooks saddles are now offering a cut out saddle as well. There is some curvature in the saddle and becomes more pronounced as you ride. There is a tension bolt under the nose that you adjust as the leather stretches. after a few rides the leather will reach maximum stretch and you should not adjust it any more.

Onegun I see you are a member of the Panthers Tandem Club. Do you know John and Mary Lowe, they live close to me and John and I ride together about 3/4 times a week on our regular road bikes. He has a Selle Anatomica on this tandem. Both of our other riding buddies have Selle Anatomica saddles on our road bike. I have ridden about 15,000 miles on my Selle and I don't even think about it being there.

Originally Posted by RonH
Thanks Jim and Bill. I'm not worried about price too much. Some of the Prologo saddles they have are $200+.
My Specialized Toupé has been comfortable since I got it in 2011 when I bought my Felt. But its getting less comfortable. Go figure.
The Romin I bought last year at a shop in Brooksville. It was comfortable for a few months. I bought the Romin because they didn't have the Toupé. The Romin is very similar but not the same.
The WTB was flat, the Toupé has a little bit of a curve and the Romin has more curve to it -- all when viewed from the rear.
I'm looking online for any and all saddles that might work but most pictures show the saddle from the top or side.

Jim, does the cutout feel uncomfortable? It looks like someone took a regular saddle and got out the exacto knife and went crazy.
Also, is the saddle flat when viewed from the rear?

Bill, good point about buying more than one.