View Single Post
Old 02-17-14, 08:02 PM
CommuteCommando

Bikes: KHS Alite 500, Trek 7.2 FX , Masi Partenza, Masi Fixed Special, Masi Cran Criterium

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
I am the only one at my company (Small medical devices company~50 employees) I get a lot of comments, from every one from assembly workers to management. The comments are mostly positive, though I am sure there is some snickering behind my back. I have also lost about forty pounds since starting there, and most of the comments lately involve that aspect.

The area I work in has a large number of bio-tech companies, including Edwards Scientific, and Alergan. I ride a commuter train. The Los Angeles Metrolink has a car with the lower deck dedicated to bikes on the train I catch in the afternoon. Most of the regulars are employees in high tech. Two are coworkers at a company making cryogenic pumps, one for Alergan, another for Western Digital. There are two RN's (both men), and a new rider who is a Nurse Practitioner(one of the few women). A couple are blue collar types.

I see a lot of guys commuting by bike on my daily commute. In this area, most are roadies, but that is consistent with the demographic of the area. The town I live in has more of a mix of tech workers, and hourly workers. There are more economy bikes as a result.