Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by dmcdam
That bike is flat out amazing.
Thanks peeps for the feed back on my Allez from a few days back

some final notes

1) the background is the concrete block house of a roadway that makes a flyover by where i live. makes for a nice background
2) shot with my trusty old Nikon D40X with a Nikon 50mm AF-s 1.8. I can't say enough about this lens. Its cheap ($200), fast, light and robust. often times i don't need a tripod in low light because of to 1.8. I've gotten rid of all my other Nikon lenses and i just use this now. if you shoot nikon you need this lens
3) the bike is awesome to ride. The one thing i was nervous about is the saddle - its a 90 gram un-padded taiwan carbon saddle. Its actually not uncomfortable at all. but because there is no cover i felt like i was sliding all around it. the saddle is now 2cm higher than in the picture to match saddle height on other bikes
4) the carbon bottle cages inspire no confidence at all. I'm gonna switch back to more secure cages for all the races with crap roads.
5) the handle bar position is lower than other my other bike. has felt really good so far. so i'm probably gonna keep it that way.

Last edited by save10; 02-18-14 at 11:44 AM.