Old 02-18-14, 03:30 PM
2manybikes

Bikes: 2 many

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1266 Post(s)
Liked 323 Times in 169 Posts
Originally Posted by PeterHodges
Thank you so much for that feedback! I will continue to do further & additional testing on the bike!!! We have done test and have achieved 25-30 in range and in sand we would get about 15-20 mile range. We have not tested in any other surfaces yet. We make then in 3 speed, 8 speed, & 16speed they all have internal gears.
That's a lot farther than I thought one would get in sand. Soft sand?

I have ridden an electric bike on the road, it surprised me how well it did going up hill. I'm only 140 lbs.
So the bike shop had a 220 lb guy test it on the hills. It did very well. I would not have believed it unless I saw it.
A video would be a good way to educate riders.

The 16 speed would be the one to promote to MTB riders. I believe the other post about weight is mostly true also. If you can get through soft sand or mud, I think a video of that would be a good selling tool. I'm not the only forum member that would like to see that. Assuming most dirt riders are thinking like I am, they might believe that soft surfaces would be a problem. If it's not, you need to get the word out.

Look at some of the MTB videos around that are from a helmet mounted camera, and taken by others. Riding videos I think would be a lot better than an instructional showing the features etc.