Old 02-19-14, 10:11 AM
RaleighSport
Hogosha Sekai

Bikes: Leader 725, Centurion Turbo, Scwhinn Peloton, Schwinn Premis, GT Tequesta, Bridgestone CB-2,72' Centurion Lemans, 72 Raleigh Competition

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts
Oh and put me back on the merry-go-round, I'm consolidating and reducing these days.

As for splitting components into two groups and two boxes.. even worse idea IMO, now if someone wanted to create a "high end" one, where the participants must show what they put in, what they take out, have a quality level standard that might satisfy the wants of some of the participants of this game.. however I think it also would create a game that wasn't very much fun and people would get even angrier.. not to mention imagine a box of campy walking out of the game instead of a randomly filled one?

Oh and I refuse to volunteer, I try to make my contribution with the decals and by helping you any way I can DD.

Edit:

Box Damage: I've seen many times now how badly it gets mangled in transport so I'm going to list what I do to "tape" up the box.

1: Secure the top bottom flaps together with packing tape, then their outside edges to the box itself, repeat with the bottom set of flaps as well. Then move around the outside bottom edge one half of the tapes width on the bottom one half on top, be sure to fold the corners so they tuck into the tape and won't get caught on a conveyor belt etc.

2: Repeat step 1 but on the top flaps. (more than likely putting a lot of weight onto the top so the box achieves "flatness"/non rejection at the post office.

3: I like to then apply tape on the corners, half the width on each side and I will usually alternate crossing the corners together by traveling either on the top edge or bottom edge of the box, further reinforcing the flap tape.

4: I have been known to also pretty much wrap the whole box besides the top in extra tape as well.. we are talking about 20+ lbs of metal in a flimsy cardboard box after all.

Last edited by RaleighSport; 02-19-14 at 10:32 AM.