Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Quinn8it
Fit wins!

id go high end steel...
http://mothattack.com/
I totally agree. It doesn't have to be carbon.

When I had the TK1 before, I bought it new. The saddle kept dipping on me. I later found out that this was a known issue that lighter riders experienced, too. I imagine that's why they switched from the Ritchey seat mast topper to the 3T. But, I sold the TK1 at a slight loss and took the funds and bought a new Tiemeyer.

Moth Attack looks great. The "Mothra" is priced at $2,600.

I priced another similar "sprinter-friendly" steel bike at just under $3,000. Those make my $1,500-ish Tiemeyer seem like a steal.

Originally Posted by Hida Yanra
I dunno how soon you are wanting the new bike, but you could talk to JTW- I bet he'd build you one of those homegrown "beefy bikes" around an Alpina Wing Pista (30mm rake)
He could give you the front.center & wheelbase you want while are at it (since I *know* you have opinions about those)

Or, I hear Stoemper is making bikes these days? (you gotta like rad paint schemes tho)
Who is "JTW"?

Yes. I have LOTS of opinions!

Originally Posted by AlexTaylor
Hoy was at my local track trying the bike out before it was released with two coaches from the track. He was absolutely giving it full gas. He said to them he wouldn't sell it if it wasn't up to his standard...
That is great to hear! At $1,000 ($1,250 shipped to the US) for a complete bike, that's an amazing value. Who needs aero tubes?

Originally Posted by Baby Puke
YAMAGUCHI, kudasai!
I actually looked at those.