View Single Post
Old 02-19-14, 11:59 PM
h2oxtc

Bikes: Cannondale Caad 8; Jamis Aurora Elite, Kona Disc road bike, Rocky Mntn Equipe, Apollo Imperial, KHS Aero Comp SS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by SirHustlerEsq
I have a press-fit FSA BB30 to Shimano adapter. I had the LBS install it with Loctite 648 which is a bearing compound. There are way better bearing compounds out there, but I went with the "I have warranty coverage" angle if it creeks.

The other two options are considered were Wheels Mfg delrin adapters and the BDOP adapters. The whole thing really annoys me, English or nothing.
SirHustlerEsq, thanks for the reply. After several hours of researching BB30, including I might add the tales of woe described by others who didn't fully understand BB30 before embarking on the process, I "think" I have the BB30 thing figured out. Maybe I'm slow, but it took me a while to find the BB30 spec for this frame, 68x42. Now that I've found it I say, "why was that so hard to understand?".

Now to decide on whether to install an adapter to english thread, or simply install the BB30 bearings for the chainset of choice. Athena PowerTorque is at the moment on the top of the list - I know, UltraTorque is better. The preferred chainset color is only available in the PowerTorque.