View Single Post
Old 02-20-14, 06:48 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,923 Times in 1,491 Posts
that is an '87 with a three tube double butted chromoly main triangle with mangalloy stays. The component group is Suntour Alpha 5000. It was in the lower Sport tier of bikes but was a very solid machine built more for someone who wanted to train and do some fast group rides and some citizen level racing. The same frame was used for the Brava model two bikes up the ladder, lots of companies did and still do this use the same frame but different groups/colors for different models.

That was my first real bike and first Bianchi. They are a great riding basic bike. I literally rode the wheels off it the first summer I owned it training, commuting, training races and even a MS 150 ride. I also used it as rain / winter commuter after upgrading to a real Italian Bianchi, rebuilt it as drop and then flat bar cyclocross bike.

The MSRP was right around $475ish so most here would say the value would be in the $225 to 250 range depending on condition and location. I wish the pics were better on this but I agree it looks like it has seen little use judging from the lack of wear on the rims.

With the exception of the bar/stem and brake levers I did sort of a "restocking" of mine a few years ago using some parts in better shape the originals.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC_0404.jpg (100.8 KB, 107 views)

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk