Old 02-21-14, 11:19 AM
Sizzle-Chest
The Brutally Handsome

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by unworthy1
stranger and stranger...Those are indeed BCM (Bocama) lugs, yes Gitane used them but so did many others. The other details aren't ringing any bells, but I doubt it's a CX frame (you can measure the BB height and compare, touring will be lower than standard road, CX will be higher). A lot of it makes it smell like it might be French (such as the lugs, the HS and so on) but the Hatta BB points to either a Japanese frame, or ...wait for the bombshell...

something from Benelux. I'm going to guess Belgium or Netherlands, but still no name I can supply.

The 27.0 seatpost also supports it not being FR, since that wouldn't be a size found with metric tubing...it could be Reynolds (plain gauge, 531 or perhaps 501) but could be something Japanese (Tange or Ishiwata), too.

Looking twice: the forkblades look like "Reynolds" oval, and the fork crown is either Vagner or Nervex (I can't remember which without looking it up).
Just measured the BB drop, it's in the low 60's which is indicative of a cross frame. A touring frame would typically be in the low 70's. Also, the chainstays are about an inch shorter than most touring frames and the fork looks less raked than the typical touring frame. One more thing, the seat tube is 53cm but the top tube is 56cm! That's extremely aggressive for a touring frame. I could be wrong about all that, but for the sake of argument let's just say it's a cross frame, that would further support a European origin.

Last edited by Sizzle-Chest; 02-21-14 at 11:31 AM.