Old 10-05-05, 10:12 AM
zac

Bikes: I just ride them, they own me.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cheeseflavor
Not so sure about this stuff... I've got prescription sunglasses (the wrap around kind) that use solely for biking, and the cat crap scratched the heck out of them. They now have permenant swirls in them. I know they claim it to be safe with plastic lenses, but I found out otherwise. The lenses I use are photochromatic, so I'm not sure if that caused problems, but....

It *did* however, help stop the fogging.

I've also read (and tried) putting a drop of dishsoap on, letting it dry, and then buffing it off. It works for a day or two.

Take care,

Steve

I have used cat crap for years. Swirl scrapes = user error, dont blame the defogger, whatever it is (dish soap, spit, whatever). You should always wipe a plastic lens in one direction only. Preferably from center/nose bridge, outward. You should only apply a defogger to an absolutely clean lens: eg. get and use a lens cleaner first. Lastly you should only use your fingers (if clean) or the approved cleaning cloth that came with your lenses. (Never use paper towels, they are apprasive.)

I have never needed a defogger for bike glasses, however I have used cat crap on my and my family's ski glasses and goggles. The little tub will last for years, I still have and use my original two. You should only have to apply it once or twice a season.

peace
zac