View Single Post
Old 02-23-14, 05:00 PM
cyclist2000

Bikes: Masi, Giant TCR, Eisentraut (retired), Jamis Aurora Elite, Zullo, Cannondale, 84 & 93 Stumpjumpers, Waterford, Tern D8, Bianchi, Gunner Roadie, Serotta, Serotta Duette, was gifted a Diamond Back

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked 2,038 Times in 604 Posts
I would agree with this. I find it hard to frame a photo in bright light without a viewfinder. The other advantage of the viewfinder is that it takes less power than using the display, if you use your camera a lot, it conserves the power.

I also like using disposable batteries, because if my camera runs out of power I can change batteries and won't miss any shots

As for cameras that meet your criteria, I would look at Nikon AW 110 or 120, Olympus Tough cameras. typically the waterproof, shockproof cameras have an internal zoom lens. I don't know about usb charging. And not too expensive in comparison to my digital SLR camera or the Nikon AW1 which is on my wish list.
Originally Posted by sstorkel
I would also recommend:

4, a viewfinder

At least if you plan to shoot outside and want your photos to be well-composed and/or in focus. In my experience, most LCDs are difficult or impossible to see outdoors. It's one of the reasons I avoid using a cellphone or many newer point-and-shoots as my primary camera.

Last edited by cyclist2000; 02-23-14 at 05:05 PM.