bragi
bragi

Bikes: LHT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by phoebeisis
I was a bit unclear-I am more interested in getting older folks-over 45-50 riding-and I'm suggesting "changes" that might get these folks riding.

When you get a bit older-older than 60 yo- bad knees perhaps bad back neck hip- you might have a different take on this.
And being over weight-certainly does effect balance-especially starting and stopping and catching yourself at startup if you are slightly "off".I'm 180 5'5"-close to obesity-and I can "feel" it-I just don't "catch" near falls as readily as when I was 155lbs 10 years ago.

When you ride today take a look at the folks you see riding-what is the age distribution? The 50-65 cohort-hasn't really begun much of a die off yet-I suspect there are as many of them as the 20-35 cohort-but what is the relative distribution you see riding?
Sure everyone can cite some really fit oldster-they stand out because they are relatively rare.
but just what is the age distribution of riders?

Of course current upright 3 wheelers- too heavy too bulky to store too bulky to haul through doors hallways

Did you folks see that chart BCARFREE POSTED? We are one of the fattest countries on earth-and we are getting fatter.

I'm a bit surprised to get so much grief when I assumed age and overweight was a factor -heck even called "a hate rant against older folks"
HATE RANT??!!
You're just digging a bigger hole for yourself.... I'm 52. I'm not that fit, but I ride almost every day. Again, almost anyone can do it, even people over 45.