Old 02-23-14, 07:59 PM
chummels

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by valygrl
^^ chill dude, he was being really helpful and generous with advice, your defensive name calling isn't warranted.

Sorry you got hurt. I'm curious, what was your injury?

Aside: Has anyone ever heard of someone being kept from racing because they are sketchy or reckless?

I wasn't there, and I don't know what happened, but pointing fingers doesn't do anyone any good. Ask what you could have done to prevent it, and if the answer is "nothing" then "that's racing." The most productive thing you can do is learn whatever you can from it - which might be something you are doing (hand position, pack position, cornering line...), or it might be paying attention to who the sketchballs are and getting away from them.

As to your question about finishing times, I've crashed 2ce (in CO). The second time was on the last lap of a crit which was the last stage in a stage race, and I was given same time with the pack I was in when I crashed.... which oddly made me 2nd in the 4s, even though I DNFd. I was really surprised they did that, actually, I was pretty sure I wasn't going to get a GC place, but I did.

I didn't see anything in the way of official involvement. The girl who cause the crash was given a place behind me, though, even though she was in front of me in real life, so maybe that was a relegation b/c she caused it - totally not sure.

There are 2 specific sketchy people in my pack, and I'm sorry to say I feel like I'm just stuck with them. If either was my team mate I would be trying to get them to work on their issues. One of them, the whole rest of the peloton is like "oh her, yeah, she's awful..." but none of us has the balls to tell her to her face, I guess. I hope someone else does it soon, or it's going to be me.
I ripped my elbow up so bad some bone is exposed, and I've got a huge amount of road rash all down my left side and some burning where the jersey melted on to my skin. Amazingly no broken bones or head injuries, though...

Interesting that they completed the stage for you, even thought you DNF'd. I've just written to the organizers about this, so hopefully I'll get a similar result. Thank you very much for the response!