Codemonkey @ ridewithgps

Bikes: Ridley Compact, Cannondale Flash2, Salsa Vaya

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Winfried
I took it for a ride in the city today. Here's some feedback:
  1. When recording a trace, does it save each segment to the phone's memory in real time, so that at least some of the trace is available in case the phone reboots or a data connection is no longer available (typical when riding out in the country side)?
  2. Is there a way to add a POI while recording a ride? I find this useful when I spot something interesting that I'd like to check after getting home
  3. Is it possible to hide the lower half-part? I don't need those infos while riding, but do need the whole screen to zoom in/out while following a route.
- Yes, we record each point individually, there is almost no way to lose data in the event of a crash, battery death etc.
- No aspect of recording requires a data connection. We will be adding offline map support in the near future as well.
- No way to add POI yet, but we've had a couple other suggestions for it so will be evaluating it in the near future.
- Again, multiple requests for this so we'll evaluate it as an option, as well as people wanting more data fields (I have a power meter, cadence, HR sensor, not enough fields!)

Thanks for the suggestions, we'll get around to them all in the next couple weeks. I'd say in the next couple days, but we are working hard to get a feature-parity iOS app out in the next few months...Never enough time to get it all in