View Single Post
Old 02-24-14, 10:25 PM
cyccommute 
Mad bike riding scientist

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, a black and orange one, and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6201 Post(s)
Liked 4,204 Times in 2,358 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute
You guys got nothing. Winters in Colorado could benefit from a serious course of antipsychotic medication. Just yesterday our high of 60F occurred at 0435. Our low of 36F occurred at 1035 on the same day. To make it even worse, the temperature at my house at 0830 was 57F. Dropping 20+F or more in a couple of hours is not out of the ordinary around here in any time of year.

In the last 30 days, we have gone 60F to -15F back to 60F over 5 days. Lots of places have the "if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes and it will change". Few places I've been will whipsaw you like Colorado Front Range weather.
Today is a prime example of my stupid psychotic state. The day started in the low 20s. By 1000, the temperature had hit 60. By 1500 the temperature was 70F. It was 75F by the time I got home about 30 minutes later (nice tailwind). At 1630, the temperature tumbled to 30F. My Lake boots would have very nice for that. At 75F they were a little...um...sweaty.
Gold Fever Three days of dirt in Colorado
Pokin' around the Poconos A cold ride around Lake Erie
Dinosaurs in Colorado A mountain bike guide to the Purgatory Canyon dinosaur trackway
Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!