Old 02-26-14, 12:01 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Impreza_aL
i own four bont vaypors and no problems. i love these shoes. planning on picking up the track model before season begins. you either love or hate them.

my buddy had his heel break. the heel began to go up through the sole or something. he said it might be from walking in his shoes.
Yeah, I think walking was (or part of) the problem. But, how do I not walk in them? Especially if I get the lace-up models.

Originally Posted by Hida Yanra
they famously had QC problems as they scaled up from small-boutique-shoe-guys to mass-market.
Allegedly most of the issues have been resolved, but buyer beware. I've seen a variety of shoes come through my shop that were absolutely warranty issues and Bont didn't want to deal with them.

An industry guy I talked to recently said that since they have gotten their QC in a better place they are more willing to do warranty work, and they had just been overwhelmed previously, so that might be the case.
I'd heard about the quality issues, too. Something about them making everything in-house in Australia for decades then moving production to Asia when they went more mainstream.

It was interesting to watch. They were the new darling shoes for a while, then after 1.5 years they were being blown out on Bonktown.

I was one of the negative reviewers (here on BF). But when they are in one piece, they work amazingly. That's why I'm asking for new reviews and feedback, hoping that things are more stable now.